I just discovered the coolest thing on Pinterest. It's a template for printing on Post It Notes, but it struck me that this very template could also be used for journaling on cardstock. I found the template in two sizes here.
The instructions contemplate that you would place a Post It Note in each square of the template, but why not try using cardstock? Simply trim the cardstock to the template size, adhere it to the template using removable, repositionable adhesive, and feed it into your printer. Voila! Easy, legible journaling that you can then peel off of the template page and slap down onto your layout. What's more, the embellishment possibilities are endless. You can mount your journaling tag on contrasting cardstock, distress the edges with an edge distresser or ink them with a sponge dauber, or pop it off of your layout with 3-d foam tape--just to name a few ideas.
And the best part is, you don't have to worry about having perfect handwriting! I know that's a huge reason why most scrappers hate journaling. Well. Problem solved. Happy journaling to you!
Thanks for the link...this is a great idea!
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure! I'm glad you find it useful. :)
DeleteHi Nikki! I love your blocg! Great tips! I can't wait to meet you to get together to do some crafting! I hope that you'll visit my blog too! It's kdmemorylane.WordPress.com. Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!
ReplyDeleteYour South Florida friend in paper crafting,
Kimberly D.